Remington 1911 R1
A dominant force in competition. For sure Remington 1911 R1 handling, the flat mainspring housing and beavertail grip safety are checkered 20 LPI. Also features a robust fiber-optic front sight, extended performance trigger adjustable for overtravel, two-dot rear sight and two 8-round magazines.
- Adjustable rear sight with red fiber-optic front sight
- Front and rear slide serrations
- Beavertail grip safety with checkered memory bump
- Enhanced hammer
- Anodized aluminum match trigger
- Enhanced wide thumb safety
- Flat checkered mainspring housing (20 LPI)
- Match-grade stainless barrel and bushing
- Front grip strap serrations
- Custom grips with thumb groove and ambi cut
- 8-Round magazine with bumper pads (2)
- Model Number: 96328
- Model: Model 1911 R1 Enhanced
- Caliber: 45 Auto
- Magazine Capacity: 8 Rounds
- Barrel Length: 5″
- Overall Length: 8.5″
- Overall Height: 5.5″
- Trigger Pull: 3.5-5 lbs.
- Finish: Stainless Steel
The Remington 1911 R1 is a semi-automatic pistol modeled after the classic Colt 1911 which has served the US armed forces for over 100 years. Like the Colt 1911, the Remington 1911 is single action only, and has a grip safety and a manually operated thumb safety; it also has a Colt Series 80 style firing pin safety.
In 1918, Remington Arms produced a 1911 style pistol modeled after the Colt 1911 after receiving a contract from the US government to produce the pistols. The war came to an end only one year later and Remington shut down their production of the 1911 in 1919 until April 2010 when they announced that they would start producing the 1911 again. This time the pistol would be marketed as the Remington 1911 R1. This reemergence into the handgun market was the first time in 12 years that Remington had produced a handgun as their last handgun, the Remington XP-100, had ceased production in 1998.