Remington 1911 R1
America’s most trusted pistol, remastered by Remington for peak shootability, and stopping danger in it’s tracks. Produced to the ultra-tight tolerances using state-of-the-art technology, it features a crisp trigger, dovetailed rear and front sights, precision-machined slide and frame, and fine-checkered american walnut grips. Remington 1911 R1
- De-horned forged carbon steel frame and slide
- Match-grade stainless steel barrel with target crown
- Beavertail grip safety with checkered memory bump (25 LPI)
- Checkered front strap and mainspring housing (25 LPI)
- Ambidextrous safety
- Novak® sights with tritium front night sight
- Cocobolo grip panels
- Machined skeletonized aluminum match trigger
- Enhanced hammer
- Lowered and flared ejection port
- One 7-round and one 8-round magazine with bumper pad
- Manufacturer: Remington
- Model: 1911 R1 Carry
- Caliber: 45 Auto
- Barrel Length: 5 in.
- Overall Height: 5.5 in.
- Barrel Material: Stainless Steel
- Grip Material: Cocobolo
- Twist Rate (LH): 16 in.
- Weight: 38.5 oz.
- Magazine Capacity: 8
The Remington 1911 R1 is a semi-automatic pistol modeled after the classic Colt 1911 which has served the US armed forces for over 100 years. Like the Colt 1911, the Remington 1911 is single action only, and has a grip safety and a manually operated thumb safety; it also has a Colt Series 80 style firing pin safety.